Tuesday 22 October 2013

Captain's Log and friends




Captain's Log 22102013

Up before 7.00am for the early morning walk. I am delighted to say that I was not alone - 8 hardy walkers joined with me. We walked through the woods following the route of last night's walk but this time in the early morning daylight. We made it back to the centre for breakfast just as the rain arrived again.
After breakfast was the first room inspection. I was delighted with the efforts made by everyone, although I am suspicious that I wasn't permitted to check all of the adults rooms. You would be hugely impressed I'm sure - perhaps not even recognising how tidy your child can be! 
Photo evidence may be needed to convince you.

The rain continued to fall as we made our way to Glastonbury Abbey. Once there, we were introduced to our guides for the day. The children dressed as Benedictine monks for a short while. The adults were delighted to discover that the Benedictine monks were a silent order whilst they had their hoods raised - you couldn't talk to them and they couldn't talk to you. Although they tried, it was predictably impossible to maintain! 
The shortest of dry spells were followed torrential downpours. After lunch it was brass-rubbing and calligraphy. Back to the coach and on to Cheddar Gorge for a spectacular drive, but sadly more rain. Roast dinner, bingo,story, lunch-making for tomorrow completed the day, and so, finally off to bed.

Capt. H

PS.  We heard our first owl of the stay and it most definitely heard us and was off in the opposite direction very speedily!


Hello everyone. On the way to Folly Farm we stopped at the Tower of London. We saw MI6 and saw where the MI6 boss sits. For dinner we had fish and chips and it was really, really nice. Our first activity was a night time walk and I walked into a tree and then got lost and then fell over again. Today I woke up late and apparently I snored, Zach told me. We went to Glastenbury abbey and drove through cheddar gorge and Glastenbury tor. For dinner we ate roast dinner and cake. Then went to bed.
From Tommy Warren.

Hello everyone. It took about 3-4 hours  to get from Stonham Aspal to the London tower. Today at Glastonbury abbey we think king Arthur and his wife were buried there.
From Max and Ollie Saddleton.

Dear mum, dad and tom                                                                   
I am having a great time here and sadly my teddy pj’s broke. I wish you were here when we went to the abby we all dressed as monks and had a picture taken. I got a birthday cake too I cant wait till Friday and  I see you again

Lot’s of love Emma Irving. 
P.S Thank you for my presents!  

1 comment:

  1. Captain H - What a fabulous time everyone seems to be having! As a parent of untidy children I would be most interested to see photographic evidence of the tidy bedrooms!!! Let's hope the weather improves for you all for the rest of the week. A big 'hello' to Daniel (and Max, Ollie & Fred)

    Helen & Jaj Bachu

    ReplyDelete